For Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) which mostly referred to as WiMAX, Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) had the following Regulatory and Licensing Guidelines for the BWA license applicants (described in No. BTRC/LL/BWA(275)/2008-1033, section 10)
1. Spectrum bands 2.3 GHz and 2.5 GHz have been considered for BWA Service License.
2. A contiguous 35 MHz of unpaired spectrum from 2.3 GHz band (2330-2365 MHz and 2365-2400 MHz) will be assigned to two of the licensees. This allocation of 35 MHz is inclusive of guard bands where all the licensees must keep 5 MHz of spectrum as guard bands from the higher portion of the assignment.
Operator A [2330-2365 MHz]
Operator B [2365-2400 MHz]
3. A contiguous 35 MHz of unpaired spectrum from 2.5 GHz band (2585-2620 MHz) will be assigned to one of the licensee. The assignment of 2615-2620 MHz is to be kept as mandatory guard band between its TDD and future FDD assignment.
Operator C [2585-2620 MHz]
4. 35 MHz contiguous channel will be allocated to each operator to provide BWA services. Per channel bandwidth should be either 5 or 10 MHz.
5. The spectrum assignment will be inclusive of guard bands needed for the operation of the equipment to avoid interference to adjacent equipment operating in adjacent bands.
6. In case license for BWA service is cancelled / terminated for any reason, the spectrum allocation shall stand withdrawn.
7. The Successful Applicant(s) shall abide by the coordination agreements, either current or future, which shall ensure the harmonization of spectrum usage.
8. The Commission reserves the rights to make any rearrangement in the assignment within the band if required and the equipment shall have the provision to readjust according to that rearrangement.
9. Two pairs of frequency will be assigned from and above 18 GHz band, subject to
Requirement/availability to build their own point to point link for inter BTS connectivity.