I usually make the following common mistakes when I need to use APA sixth edition and US English. I got these comments from an editing service.
In APA style, “et al.” is not italicized.
If a quotation is set off by quotation marks, there is no need to italicize it.
In U.S. English usage, periods (full stops) and commas always go inside the closing quotation mark.
“Firstly,” “secondly,” and “thirdly” are common UK English but virtually unheard of in US English.
APA style calls for Level 4 headings to be set in boldface italic.
While “towards” is common in UK English, “toward” is generally preferred in US English.
Significant number of development programs are supported by UNDP. Reports on these projects are published regularly. This is one of the reliable source of secondary data for ICT4D related research related to Bangladesh
Upon discussion with the Ph.D. supervisor, I have decided to follow the following conference and journals for my literature review. It is very easy to be distracted and carried away by too many sources. That is why I shall be following the scholarly sources from the following:
Selected from High Priority List of Danish Government
My selection list is stored in My Box.net folder:http://www.box.net/shared/v7fzkhmds8
- International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning
- Wiley: British Journal of Educational Technology
Conference and Journals Database
- IEEE Explore
- Developing E-learning Mushups to Increase E-Readiness: Secondary School-based Diffusion of Innovation in Rural Bangladesh
- Towards bridging educational divide using ICT for education in rural Bangladesh – A diffusion of innovation approach
Digital Bangladesh initiatives by govt has given sufficient emphasis on the Bangla Medium schools and Madrassas. However, secondary schools under technical education board might be given focus to improve overall social ICT penetration in rural areas.
- E-learning readiness study on access to ICT resources -teachers, students, parents, adminstration, village.
- provide learning using ICT.
- Continue one semester including TV, radio etc.
- second term enable ICT support for local need.
- Re-study the penetration and reach etc.
- Qualitative study on effect.